Mozilla has introduced a second revision of its Firefox 3.6 Beta. The long-awaited browser update reportedly fixes close to 200 bugs submitted by web developers, add-on coders and end users.
Other features include:
- A mechanism to prevent incompatible software from crashing Firefox (new in this update).
- Native Persona support.
- Automated alerts for outdated plugins.
- Full screen rendering of open and native native video.
- WOFF font format support.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
Firefox 3.6 Beta 2 can be downloaded here for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows operating systems.
Mozilla looks ahead as Firefox celebrates fifth anniversary
Mozilla Firefox 3.6 beta spotted in the wild
Mozilla preps Firefox 3.6 with beta test build