Samsung is now shipping its Tegra 2-powered Galaxy R smartphone. The slick device boasts a 4.19-inch screen and runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The Galaxy R is also loaded with a GeForce GPU that facilitates fast web browsing with hardware accelerated Adobe Flash Player support, full HD video and console-quality gaming.
Nvidia rep Michael Rayfield told TG Daily the Tegra 2 chip and GeForce GPU will allow Galaxy R owners to multitask “efficiently” and access Tegra-optimized games via Google’s Android market.
“Samsung’s newest super phone shows off Tegra’s multimedia power, and is a great example of what consumers expect from one of the world’s top phone makers,” Rayfield explained in an e-mailed statement.
Additional Galaxy R features include:
- 4.19″ WVGA Super Clear LCD touchscreen
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system 5MP rear and 2MP front camera
- 720p HD video capture and 1080p Full HD playback (Divx, WMV, MP4, H.264 B/P only)
- Built-in memory of 8GB and support for 32GB Micro SD
- Size – 125.7 x 66.7 x 9.55 mm
- Weight – 131 grams
The Galaxy R is currently available in Sweden, and will be coming to other regions soon, including North & Eastern Europe, South East & West Asia, Middle East Asia, and China. No word yet on when or if this tricked-out handset will make its way to the U.S., but TG Daily will keep you posted.