Toshiba has introduced a 3D-ready laptop powered by Nvidia’s Vision technology.
The Satellite A665 – which carries a base price of $1,600 – features a 15.6-inch diagonal TruBrite LCD display, LED backlighting, 120Hz refresh rate, a rewriteable Blu-ray Disc drive and integrated Harman/Kardon speakers.
In addition, the system boasts an Intel Core i7 quad-core processor with TurboBoost technology, Nvidia’s GeForce GTS 350M, 1GB of GDDR3 video memory, an LED backlit keyboard and a wide TouchPad.
The Nvidia 3D Vision kit, which is packaged along with the Satellite A665, includes software, a pair of wireless active shutter glasses and an emitter.
“Consumers are embracing 3D…There is clearly a huge amount of pent-up demand for games, films (like Avatar) and other content,” Nvidia spokesperson Bryan Del Rizzo told TG Daily.
“[Now], we at Nvidia want people to get excited about 3D because it is better, not different. And they are – because we are driving PC gaming and entertainment to a whole new level, right now, in 2010.”
Additional specs include:
- Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.
- 4GB DDR3 RAM.
- 640GB hard drive.
- 802.11b/g/n wireless9 and 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
- Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR10.
- HD impact sensor.
- 12-cell battery.
- One eSATA/USB combo port with USB sleep-and-charge and three USB 2.0 ports.
- HDMI port.
- Integrated webcam with face recognition.
- Microphone input port with Toshiba sleep-and-music.
- 5-in-1 memory card reader and ExpressCard slots.