Apple has redefined the mobile experience with its next-gen iPhone 4. The sleek device – which is only 9.3mm thick – features a 960×640 display and an 800:1 contrast ratio.
In addition, the iPhone 4 boasts a “Retina Display” that offers approximately four times as many pixels (326 per inch), along with vibrant colors and crisp text.
“The iPhone 4 [has] an all new design. And it’s really thin, like a beautiful old Leica camera,” explained Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
“It is the thinnest smartphone on the planet…[and] is 24% thinner than the iPhone 3GS at 9.3 mm thick.”
Additional specs include:
- A4 processor.
- Dual microphones (noise cancellation).
- Connectivity details – quad band HSDPA/HSUPA 7.2/5.8 up. 802.11 n WiF, GPS, 3G.
- Connectivity speeds – (theoretical) Maximum of 7.2Mbps down and 5.8 Mbps up.
- Reception – Uses stainless steel border as an antenna system for BT, WiFi and GPS, other half leveraged for UMTS/GSM.
- Battery – Seven hours of talk time on 3G networks, up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi, six hours on 3G, 10 hours of video playback and up to 40 hours of audio playback.
- Two cameras (front and back) – 5 megapixel, backside illuminated sensor, 5x digital zoom, tap to focus and back camera with LED flash.
- HD video recording – 720p video at 30 frames per second (FPS).
- Facetime video calling.
- Three-axis gyroscope – for more “precise movement.” Note: Gyroscope and accelerometer facilitate six-axis motion sensing.
- Micro-SIM tray.
- Operating system: iOS 4.
- Pricing and availability: Black/white – $199 16GB, $299 for 32 GB.
- Availability: June 24.