A good job is crucial for a happy life because we spend a great part of our time at work. It is quite natural that everybody wants to find a dreamboat job but doesn’t know how to do it quickly. All you need is to be able to do is create readable texts. It is so because a text is a predominant form of informational communication in a modern world full of socio-media networks. Therefore, experts of our are glad to give several pieces of advice concerning professional communication to you. These recommendations will be useful for everybody: from graduates looking for their first real job to people who want to upgrade their skills of business writing.
All tips concerning work communication can be nominally divided into two big groups: recommendations touch upon the resume composition, and recommendations about the language in working connection in general.
How to Create a Good Resume?
A resume or CV (from the Latin “curriculum vitae” – “short biography”) is a brief summary of information about you as a specialist, which you offer to your possible employees. In other words, this information is the key data source according to which the employee can decide whether you are good for a certain position in his/her company or not. You may think that CV is a visiting card of any specialist, and you will be right. Hence, it is obvious how important a perfect composition of a CV is. You may be a good specialist, but you have to offer your skills to employees in a right manner because good promotion means career development. So, tips concerning resume creation will be helpful for everybody including college students and graduates who are looking for their first job to experienced professionals who want to find a new working place. General recommendations to the process of CV making are as follows:
- Divide the information about yourself into several sections. This requirement is obligatory. An ideal CV consists of such sections as: personal information (name, age, place of birth, etc.), information about your level of education (college, university, courses, etc.), working experience (employment history, if any).
- Make your CV substantial. It is important to give employer as much information about yourself as possible because there are many factors according to which HR managers select personnel. Thus, you can not exactly know which point is essential for this or that vacancy.
- Try to be brief. This point seems to be in contradiction with the previous one but it is so. The typical size of an ideal CV is one A4 sheet typed in Times New Roman 12 size. Hence, if you have several university degrees or rich working experience, it is possible to narrow down this information or make several resumes for different vacancies.
- Be honest. Certainly, you should not embellish your working experience especially if you are a budding specialist in this sphere because there is nothing kept secret that will not come to light. By the way, lie may repel HR-managers.
These simple recommendations will help you to make a CV that will become your credit card in the professional world; use them while writing this paper. It is also essential to know how to improve your writing for professional purposes even if you are not looking for a job. It is so because nowadays text is the main means of communication.
How to Improve Your Business Communication Style?
So, what should you know to upgrade your skill of text creation which you apply for business communication every day? You may find many various articles concerning this topic in the Internet, but here we would like to describe several key moments to be observed in business correspondence. They are:
- Literacy. Working correspondence must have no spelling and grammatical errors, that is why try to be attentive while writing, and check the letter once again before sending it to the addressee. The absence of mistakes shows not only your level of education but also your qualification as a specialist.
- Politeness. This condition is obvious but many people forget about it. Thus, try to remember about greetings and farewells, and such simple words as “please” and “thanks” because they are necessary if you want to produce a good impression.
- Subordination. Keep this point in mind, please. It is impossible to shift to first-name terms in working correspondence. Thus, you may use such an option as an automatic sign off where you can type something like “Best regards”, and this sign off will appear at the end of each letter.
- Brevity. As you know, brevity is a sister of talent, that is why you should not go into unnecessary details while discussing some working issues. For this purpose, try to use special templates of business e-mails, they will save your time. Or try to copy out necessary questions firstly, and then type them out in your e-mail. It is also useful to place all questions in the order of their importance: the most important – in the first place, then – all the rest.
Composition skills are crucial for communication in the business sphere and in everyday life as well; that is why, we hope you will apply such recommendations to your text and achieve your career goals as soon as possible. Boost your writing talent for more business contacts and greater career success!