Starting a new job is a uniquely exciting experience. Job hunting, however, can be tedious and stressful. When you find the right job opportunity, you can ensure that your career will develop and that you will become satisfied and successful.
When employees are interested in working in food service or managerial positions, they should consider working for Five Guys. A premium burger chain, Five Guys provides excellent food in a friendly and employee-focused environment. Keeping customers’ orders coming quickly and efficiently is a talent shared by Five Guys employees.
Five Guys in Daphne explains the process of applying for a job at the restaurant, providing some tips for workers who want to succeed in applying for any other job as well.
1. Visit the Five Guys Website
The first thing that you should do if you are interested in working for Five Guys is to visit their career website, JoinFiveGuys.com. This website provides a searchable database with jobs by keyword, category, and location.
Each job posting provides a detailed description of its responsibilities, combined with an overview of the benefits Five Guys offers to its employees.
Five Guys is an open kitchen concept with a great deal of employee camaraderie. It is a fun place to work, and you will be trained to work every position in the restaurant, from the front register to the fry area. This provides a team environment.
Crew bonuses provide another incentive to work for Five Guys. This bonus program is given twice a week, giving its employees the ability to earn higher incomes.
You can also search for Five Guys on popular national job boards like Glassdoor.
2. Interview in Person
The interview process for a new job in person can be nerve-wracking. Being neat, clean, and well-spoken will go a long way toward getting you the job. At Five Guys, you don’t necessarily need industry experience, since you will be trained extensively in all areas of the kitchen and customer service areas.
Five Guys in Daphne offers some tips on interviewing successfully.
- Prepare your outfit in advance. You will want to be neat, clean, and presentable with no wrinkles or stains. Employees should always “dress for the job they want” and present a carefully tailored appearance.
- Learn the route to your job interview. You may even want to make a dry run to make sure you won’t get lost and be late for your appointment.
- Get there early, by at least 10 or 15 minutes. This will give you a few minutes to compose yourself and relax, or to stop in the restroom to check on last-minute details.
- Greet the interviewer appropriately. You will want to be warm and confident. Within 30 seconds, you will leave an enduring first impression. When you are mentally prepared for the interview, you will have time to focus on this first impression.
- Make sure that you take time to think before you speak, instead of blurting out whatever comes to mind. Pausing for 2-3 seconds will make you seem composed and thoughtful. Speak clearly and in complete sentences. Be thorough, but don’t chatter needlessly.
- Have good body language. Keep your pose formal, don’t relax too much. Be welcoming and attentive. If you lean slightly forward, that will give your interviewer the impression that you are interested in what they have to say.
- Stay positive. Don’t say anything negative about the job you are leaving. Be enthusiastic about the new job opportunity.
- Ask questions, but be careful not to ask anything that you should have found out during your research process. Don’t ask about money. It is a good idea to ask about the company’s plans for the future or what your opportunities for professional growth might be.
- Say thank you. With a confident handshake, make sure that you tell them you are looking forward to hearing from them about the position. It is also a great touch to write a handwritten thank-you note for the interviewer and mail it right away.
5. Franchise Opportunities
Careers with Five Guys are not only for foodservice crew members, though crew members have a great opportunity for advancement. Investors and entrepreneurs may be excited by the idea of buying a Five Guys franchise. Franchisees have the opportunity to own one or more restaurants, exercising local control over their locations. The advancement opportunities for franchisees are huge.
Working at Five Guys
When employees start careers with Five Guys, they can experience a fun work environment with opportunities for bonuses and advancement. Five Guys in Daphne encourages people who are looking for their first job and people who need a career change to apply. They will find a rewarding career providing great food to local residents.