Mattress Choices – It Is Better To Know Everything Before Your Health Gets Affected
People are becoming more and more aware of the harmful health effects of using synthetic products, especially the ones that are derived from chemical and petroleum products. That is probably one of the main reasons why we search for organic products in the market, be it online or at the local stores.
Even when it comes to choosing the mattresses, it makes a lot of sense to go for the products that are made with organic materials.
The most common organic materials used in mattresses:
As people spend the majority of their life relaxing on their beds, it might lead to various health issues like allergies, asthma, and hormonal change. People who are allergic to the synthetic mattresses can . The reason why organic mattresses are preferred these days is because they are made from natural latex foam, along with organic wool to make it a soft combination.
These days, we find many things labelled as ‘organic’ in the market. However, not all of them are genuinely certified. True organic latex mattresses must contain 95% of latex as per the certification norms. One should keep in mind that a latex can also be made in many other artificial materials including-
- Mixture of natural and synthetic compounds
The two most usual organic materials used these days are-
- Organic wool – Such type of wool keeps the moisture away, making the mattress more comfortable and cool to sleep on. It contains natural wax named lanolin. Few people these days are allergic to wool, and so for them, this organic wool might not be the solution.
- Organic cotton – Such type of cotton raw materials are developed without the usage of any chemicals, fertilizers or pesticides, and even without any other modifications.
What is present in your mattress?
After being manufactured, organic mattresses have to pass various quality criteria, in order their suitability for the usage. Some of the products are even added with synthetic chemicals to make them resist intense fire.
Things that you should know while you shop for a perfect mattress are –
- Enquire whether your mattress is anywhere near to 100% natural.
- Ask the seller about every layer that your mattress is made of.
- Also enquire the type of glue used to bind these layers.
If your seller is unable to answer any of your queries, then you should probably look for another seller.
How can a non-toxic be a better option?
Though organic materials are comfortable, their comfort potential do not remain the same for long. So, in order to make it durable, they are added with synthetic chemicals, so that it could bear the heat and flame. People even claim that cotton is 100% pure, but it is not always true. This makes sweat, urine, moisture can enter cotton mattresses and allow the growth of microorganism, resulting in various allergies and ailments.
Those who use natural should know that they are even added with chemicals to get them ready into mattresses. So, before you choose a new mattress for your family, make sure that you get a perfect one, as your mental, physical and emotional activity is directly related to the way how you take rest, and how much time you give to your brain to re–energize. Even your spinal cord needs to be in a proper shape, to keep you safe from back pains.