Have you ever woken up with backache or pain even though you might have had a ? If you are not suffering from any ailments, then the problem might be with your mattress. Even if your mattress is in good working condition, that does not mean it will not cause problem. Even they come with a shelf life.
Preparing Yourself to Purchase Mattress
You cannot simply decide one day that you have had enough and go to the nearest store to purchase a new mattress. There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration before deciding to buy one.
If you start researching on mattresses, you might come across many options to choose from. If you have no clue about the type of mattress you are looking out for then you may end up buying a mattress that will not serve the purpose. Imagine waking up with backache and pain with your new mattress too. Frustrating right?
Some of the factors that you might want to take into consideration include:
- First and foremost, determine your budget
- Know the size of the mattress that you wish to purchase
- What type of mattress are you looking out for? i.e. king size, twin size or queen size
- Ensure that you visit the store and try out different mattresses
- Check for warranty and shipping options offered by stores
- Is there any exchange offer available on your old mattress?
If the existing mattress is totally damaged such as sagging from the sides, giving off a foul smell or springs have started popping off, then you can go in for good quality mattresses. If you are looking for any specific features such as temperature or motion control, then you can even go in for latex, memory foam, specialty foam or hybrid mattresses.
Testing the Mattresses to check if it Works for you
It does not matter what type or quality of mattress you invest into, if it does not work for you. Even if you think about buying a high end mattress just because your friend recommend it, does not mean that it will benefit you also.
This is why you really need to test the mattress. Below are some tips that might help you:
- Lay on different mattresses for about a minute or two
- How comfortable are you lying on them?
- Ask your friend to describe your sleeping position
- Your shoulders and hip should dip into the mattress, leaving your spine straight
- This posture can prevent backaches
- Ask your friend to sleep beside you and trying tossing and turning to check for motion control
Looking for the Right Store
If you hate visiting stores and shopping, then the best place to shop for mattresses are online stores. The major dilemma that you might face is which store to buy from. Here is where the reviews can help you. If you are looking at mattress buying guide or is the place for you. Here you will get genuine reviews from customers who have purchased different mattress and how they have fared.
The downside of shopping online is that you cannot test your mattresses. In such cases, you might want to check for return back policy of the stores.
Other options available to you are big box retailers, departmental, specialty or furniture stores. Here you might get good deals and discounts on mattresses. Such stores even have salesperson who can guide you in getting the right mattress to suit your needs and preferences.
You can even add bedding accessories to complete your mattress shopping experience. If you check thoroughly you can get good deals on mattress toppers, frames, protectors and even pillows.