Through traveling you can rediscover, rejuvenate and relax your mind, body and soul. As travelingfrom one end of the world to another, whether for work or for leisure,has become only a day’s affair, financial institutions across the world hascome up with amazing travel cards for the benefit of their customers. Travel cards allow consumers to shop at discounted rates, access deluxe hotels and lounges and earn reward points around the globe. Whether it is food or accommodation, these travel cards have got you covered. Read on to know the best travel cards out there for Indian consumers:
For Domestic Travel:
1. Air India SBI Signature Card:
With the Air India SBI Signature card, you get 20,000 reward points when you pay the joining fees. The joining fee is Rs. 4,999 and the renewal fee per annum is also Rs. 4,999. Other benefits include:
· Complimentary Visa Lounge Access Program in India at major domestic airports
· Anniversary gift of 5,000 Reward Points
· Book railway tickets online and get them home-delivered
· Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Program
· Get a complementary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program
· Earn 4 Reward points for every Rs. 100 spent.You can also get the existing flying returns loyalty number linked to your card
· You can also convert your reward points into Air India miles (1 Reward point is equal to 1 Air India air-mile)
This card seems perfect for domestic flyers as it clubs together two trusted brands, Air India and SBI, with a widely encompassing reach across the country. The card is complete value for money as Air India covers the maximum Indian airports and SBI is the flagship retail bank of the country providing services in cosmopolitan cities as well as remote locales. Also, you can apply for SBI credit card online too.
2. Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card:
With the Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card, you get the following benefits and features:
· Complimentary visit to 13 domestic Airport lounges at 11 cities in India
· Complimentary iPrefer Elite Tier membership from preferred hotels & resorts
· First-year membership fees of Rs. 5,000 excluding taxes and second year onwards renewal fee of Rs. 10,000 excluding taxes
· Earn a complementary 3rd and 4th night hotel stay on booking 2/3 consecutive nights at select properties of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts
· Get 8 Jet Privilege miles for every Rs. 150 you spend on shopping (except on fuel, insurance, utilities and cash transactions)
· Earn 16 Jet Privilege Miles for everyRs. 150 spent for booking revenue tickets on www.jetairways.com
A card worth its weight, the Jet Airways and American Express combo card gives you easyadmittance to astounding lounges and lavish hotels across the country while also handing you generous reward points for flying. By redeeming these reward points you can shop for items from across the E-commerce spectrum at the Jet Privilege website.
For International Travel:
1. Citi Prestige:
The Citi Prestige card is crafted for international travelers as it provides them with the following inimitable features and benefits:
· 10,000 bonus air miles and vouchers/card worth Rs 10,000 from Taj Group or ITC Hotels every year
· One night complimentary stay on minimum booking of 4 nights at gorgeous properties across the world
· Unlimited complimentary Priority Pass lounge access at over 800 airports for primary and even supplementary cardmembers
· Prominent status on the loyalty programs of Citi’s global partner – Taj Group
· One complimentary night (room only) on a minimum stay of 4 nights at any hotel across the world
· Two annual complimentary luxury airport services and meet & assist services at over 30 international airports within Asia Pacific region
· Personalized welcome worldwide with an elevated status on the loyalty programs of Citi’s global partners
· Taj Epicure Plus Plan and InnerCircle Silver membership
· Access to some of the most scenic golf destinations across the country
· Accommodation, dining and entertainment with 33 city guides created exclusively for the Citi Prestige cardmembers by Luxe City Guides
· 4 Frequent Flyer air miles for every Citi Prestige reward point you transfer to Citi’s airline partners. The airline partners to this card include Air India, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Eva Air, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways and Flying Blue (Air France and KLM). Please note that 1 Citi Prestige reward point= 4 Frequent Flyer Air miles on partner airlines.
It’s safe to say that this card has it all. It rewards you at every stage of your travelandat a worthy price of Rs. 20,000 annually.
2. RBL Bank Icon Credit Card:
One of India’s oldest private sector banks, RBL brings you a card that not only serves up international travel benefits for you but also gives you many lifestyle rewards. Know more-
· Offers an array of travel, golf, movie, dining and premium lifestyle privileges
· Welcome gift of 20,000 Bonus Reward Points
· 1+1 Movie ticket (up to Rs.200) twice in a month at www.bookmyshow.com
· Dining privileges like a complimentary glass of a wine or a dessert at any of RBL’s participating premium restaurants including select ITC, Jaypee& Taj hotels and restaurants
· Complimentary room upgrades, complimentary meals and other offers at RBL’s hotel partners which include select Oberoi, Four Seasons & Mandarin Oriental locations
· 2 complementary lounge visits every quarter at major domestic airports in India
· Access to 850+ international airport lounges through complimentary Priority Pass membership. Access to lounges shall be chargeable up to $27 per visit.
· 24×7 dedicated concierge desk.
· Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance; Car Rental and Limousine Referral andReservation Assistance
· Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance; Business Services; Special Events and Performance Assistance
· Spa, Fitness Centre and Sports Centre Information and Referral Assistance
· Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance; Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
The privileges don’t seem to end with this card. At an annual membership fee of Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes, the card seems cheaper and well-endowed with features as compared to other options.
3. Yes First Preferred:
With the Yes First Preferred card, you get the following benefits and features:
· Priority Pass membership with 4 complimentary access for the primary card member in a calendar year
· Dedicated Website for Flight/Hotel/Movie booking on reward points redemption (1 Reward Point = INR 0.25)
· Exclusive Catalogue of products to choose from for reward redemption
· Redemption of Reward Point against JPMiles (4 Reward Points = 1 JPMile)
· Lounge access fee of US$ 27 is applicable for lounge access beyond complimentary access and for all guest access
· Preferential Foreign Currency Markup of 1.75% only
· 3 complimentary access per quarter to select airport lounges across Indian Airports for primary card member
· 1500 reward points on first transaction
· 25% discount on movie bookings at www.bookmyshow.com
· Zero documentation, no Processing fees
· Enjoy complimentary Golf lessons at select golf courses
· Repayment options from 3 months to 24 months
· Convert transaction into EMI starting from as low as INR 2,500
· Interest Rates ranging from 12% per annum to 15% per annum
The Yes First Preferred credit card is available to you at a first year membership fee of Rs 2,500 plus applicable taxes and a renewal membership fee of Rs 2,500 plus applicable taxes. It is among the cheaper alternatives of travel cards presently available out there but still many features and benefits of a premium travel card.
While these are some of the prominent choices of credit cards for frequent travelers, there are a lot of other options available that one can explore to make the most out of their travel plans.