Especially when designed by healthcare providers, Electronic Health Records (EHR) software or Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software will bring your medical practice into present days and springboard it into the future…but how? And why?
Learn the facts about how your practice can be improved and your goals met simply by using electronic health records.
Technicalities: What Exactly Are Electronic Health Records?
A web-based electronic health record system is software that has been carefully designed with the medical provider in mind. Each note, prescription, code, bill, appointment, and patient profile is configurable and offers seamless connectivity and integration for every type of medical specialty.
Here are just a few of the technical features of EHRs:
- Pre-structured templates
- Automatic checks against drug interaction, allergies, encounter documentation, etc.
- Dictation ready
- Fully integratable into practice management software
Improvements: How Can Electronic Health Records Enhance My Practice?
Using electronic health records can drastically improve how efficient and accurate patient records are recorded. Here’s how a solid ehr system will upgrade each area of your practice.
For physicians and nursing staff:
- Simple charting for fewer chart pulls
- E-Prescribing to ease medication refills and reduces pharmacy call backs
- Automatic lab processes with integrated clinical guidelines
- Overview of daily agenda
For front office staff and accounting:
- Comprehensive, customizable dashboard that is remotely ready
- Quick and simple coding to reduce transcription costs and insurance issues
- Accurate, electronic superbills ensure fewer questions from patients
- Secure messaging between in-office staff and patients
- Flexible calendaring with proactive patient reminders
- Workflow management
- Patient portal and convenient delivery of patient education materials
- Integrated prescription discounts
- Highest standards of data and information confidentiality and security
Benefits: What Are the Results of Using Electronic Health Records?
There are many important benefits resulting from the use of EHRs. An increase in productivity and efficiency, enhancemed communication with patients, clinicians, labs, and insurance providers, a reduction in transcription costs, a decrease in errors, and improved medical practice management are just a few of the benefits.
Ultimately, quality of care goes up as does patient satisfaction. What comes along with this? For the physician, nursing staff, and front office administration it’s higher job fulfillment.
Learn More: How Can I Upgrade My Medical Practice with Electronic Health Records?
EHR adoption has more than doubled to about 80% since 2008 and two of the reasons are that physicians feel overworked and don’t like to spend too much time on paperwork. EHR helps to gain a better balance between having more one-on-one time with patients and allows for less time on documentation and with the right EHR system, these are goals can finally be attained.
This type of useful system is exactly why advanced EHR platforms have been built from the ground up to be configurable, connected, and compassionate. They have achieved these goals with their EHR software, specifically so you can achieve your goals for your practice. Are you ready to get the most out of your medical practice with an EHR?