If you are looking for a way to add more holistic elements into your daily life, look no further than essential oils. Essential oils are an incredibly versatile treatment. Depending on the ailment, the oil, and what the person is hoping to achieve, essential oils can bring health and wellness to almost every aspect of life.
What is an essential oil?
Simply put, an essential oil is a pure form of a plant that has been carefully distilled and processed. This leaves a very potent and concentrated form of the plant that is used for natural healing purposes. Essential oils can be applied topically, ingested, and diffused as they have plentiful aromatherapy benefits. Here are some benefits of essential oil.
Promote relaxation and sleep
Calming essential oils can help to relax you, soothe any stresses, and help you doze off to dreamland. These oils work by stimulating the endorphin receptors in your brain and creating happy feelings, which have been used to treat symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Oils to use: lavender, clary sage, eucalyptus, and bergamot.
Because essential oils can be absorbed through the skin, they can be used to treat pain, reduce inflammation, and work as an antiseptic. Different essential oils can work for different kinds of pain, so you can follow this guide depending on your ailment:
Ginger oil: for muscle, joint, and arthritic tendon pain.
Chamomile oil: for digestive pain.
Peppermint oil: for pain associated with gas, nausea, and headaches.
Rosemary oil: for migraine pain.
Tea tree oil: for inflammation and pain on the skin, such as acne.
Thyme oil: for respiratory pain.
Beautify your body
You don’t have to go to the drugstore to buy cosmetics with a lot of chemicals to feel and look beautiful. Plenty of essential oils can make your skin and hair look and feel healthy, radiant, and overall gorgeous!
- Use lavender oil for hair to promote hair growth, as well as to improve the health of your scalp, because this oil is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Rosemary oil to make your hair look thicker and feel fuller.
- Cedarwood oil to help keep your scalp’s oil production in control. It also can be used to reduce hair loss.
- Lemongrass oil to prevent and reduce dandruff.
- Ylang ylang oil for those with dry scalps. It can increase sebum production, while still improving the strength of your hair, making it feel and look less brittle and have less breakage.
- Geranium oil to balance oil production
- Basil oil to help heal and reduce itching from insect bites
- Frankincense oil to reduce hyperpigmentation
- Neroli oil as an alternative to moisturizer for those with sensitive skin
- Lemongrass oil to tone and balance skin’s pH
- Juniper oil can prevent infections from getting worse, such as an acne or cystic breakout
- Tea tree to treat acne of all kinds and to balance sebum production
- Cypress oil to shrink swollen blood vessels
Boost your immune system
Many essential oil lovers use them because they provide a holistic alternative to pharmaceuticals. Once the essential oils are breathed into the lungs, their healing properties enter the bloodstream, thus improving the body’s response to certain illnesses.
Oils to use:
- Eucalyptus oil to prevent colds by keeping your nasal passageways clear of congestion.
- Garlic oil to fight off fungal and bacterial infections.
- Cinnamon, oregano, and sage oils all to boost your immune system function
Essential oils are an incredibly versatile treatment; if you have something you want to fix, essential oils could do the job. So, which one will you try today?