If you’re bent on keeping off wrinkles and age spots for as long as you can, you can’t really be partying as hard in your 30’s as when you did when you were only 20-something years old. There is a certain lifestyle that you need to live and an appropriate skin care regimen for you to follow once you crossover to your 30s.
10 Anti-Aging Tips Every 30-Year Old Must Follow For Great Skin
Beautiful, ageless skin does not just happen. You have to make it happen. Yes, you — not Botox, not surgery, not any product that you can get either over-the-counter or by prescription. Although some top creams may help you delay signs of skin aging, you need a more robust strategy.
Here are 10 tips you can try:
1. Put on sun protection without fail. That means you use it everyday, with or without the sun shining, knowing that UV is still lurking out there somewhere ready to punch its way into your skin, even on a gloomy winter day. Don’t just pull off any sunscreen, either. Make sure it is broad spectrum, at least SPF 30, and gentle enough not to cause any damage to your skin or, be toxic to your health.
2. Give yourself a good night’s sleep. Sleep and sun protection — these are the two most powerful ways for you to stop the early signs of skin aging from popping up. Sunscreen protects while a complete, that is, at least 7 hours of deep sleep every night repairs and regenerates your skin. That’s because your skin cells perform rejuvenating mechanisms best and most effectively while you sleep. Make this your top reason for wanting to stay in.
3. Get on a healthy diet. How many times have you heard that what you put in your body also feeds into your skin? It’s true. Where else will your skin cells get the nourishment it needs to stay healthy? Your diet is the main source, and your creams only come in as support. So, load up on more nutritious foods, keep your antioxidant levels up, and find ways to incorporate foods high in Omega 3’s and 6’s to your diet.
4. Get physical. Eating well is just the start. Make sure that your nutrient-dense diet reaches all the far corners of your body and delivers sufficient amounts to your skin too by getting on a regular workout routine. Getting your heartbeat up with cardio exercises is a must. However, to keep your skin and your body firm, you need to add in weight lifting exercises or yoga.
5. Learn to manage your stressors. Don’t allow stress to dictate your emotions nor get to the better side of you. A top advice: learn to choose your battles. You can’t put everything on your shoulders. Delegate responsibilities and choose which issues need your attention and energy. The skin under your eyes is the most sensitive part of your face and the capillaries beneath this thin dermis are often prone to breaking, often through stress. Stress can also cause the bags under your eyes. Teamine and other eye creams in the market help to reduce such dark circles.
6. Schedule an R&R regularly. Have a daily relaxation period. Take those 15-minute breaks, take a full hour of lunch, and when you get off of work, really take the time off — that means, turning off your mobile devices so that you can focus on other things outside of work that just as badly need your attention too, like cooking up a healthy dish for dinner, spending time with your family, and completing your workout.
7. Keep your skin clean, clear and well moisturized. Get on a basic cleanse, tone and moisturize routine with ingredients appropriate for 30-year-old skin, including alpha or beta hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid, retinol and loads of antioxidants such as the ones infused in Lamour Skin Cream.
8. Exfoliate. At 30, your skin turnover has significantly slowed down. Speed up the process of renewal by exfoliating regularly using a technique and frequency that best suits your skin type.
9. Keep your routine clear of harsh products. Don’t make compromises. If a product can’t deliver what it is supposed to deliver without irritating your skin, leave it.
10. Avail of professional skin care. Your skin needs more intense treatments to prevent signs of skin aging from showing up too soon. Take advantage of new laser, cryotherapy, and radio frequency procedures that can significantly promote healthier, younger looking skin you will love.
Time will come when wrinkles and age spots will show up. When it does, take heart in what Halle Berry has to say about them: “Aging is natural, and that’s going to happen to all of us”.