It seems as if everyone has NGP fever these days, and Sony is certainly no exception. To pave the way for the long-awaited handheld console, the electronics giant is lowering the price of its stalwart, last-gen PSP to a sweet $130 (beginning Feb 27).
In addition, Sony has slashed the going rate of its PSP Entertainment Packs to $160.
“Since launching in 2005, the PSP platform has had a profound impact on the way we play games while on-the-go, pushing the boundaries for cross-media entertainment and setting the benchmark for quality for portable games,” explained Sony VP Scott Steinberg.
“[It has also] sold 23 million units to date in North America and more than 67 million worldwide.”
It should be noted that Sony is also rolling out a number of new, $20 PSP “Greatest Hits” games, including:
- Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines (Ubisoft)
- DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (Square Enix, Inc.)
- LittleBigPlanet (PSP)
- METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.)
- Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
- Resistance: Retribution
- Toy Story 3: The Video Game (Disney Interactive)
New $10 PSP “Favorites” Titles:
- CRISIS CORE-FINAL FANTASY VII (Square Enix, Inc. )
- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (Capcom)
- Killzone: Liberation
- SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs: Fire Team Bravo
- Tomb Raider Anniversary (Square Enix, Inc.)