There’s a new patch available for Elder Scrolls: Skyrim but good luck getting it if you’re not on the PC.
The 1.5 version of Elder Scrolls: Skyrim includes a few new features, but mostly its focus is on optimizing the experience for gamers who have already poured in dozens of hours into the game.
Among the updates that actually bring new functionality are additional kill moves and animations for melee weapons, increased item value for improving smithing skilll, and improved presentation for traveling underwater or in snowy landscapes.
The number of bug fixes is much greater. In total, a massive 27 bugs or glitches were addressed in the update.
But here’s the catch – the 1.5 update has only been released to PC gamers. Those playing the title on the PS3 or Xbox 360 will have to wait.
There’s a whole bureaucratic system of waiting for Sony/Microsoft to sign off on the game update and then scheduling it for availability on the respective system.
For PS3 owners in particular, the wait is agonizing. The biggest enhancement in the latest Skyrim patch is to address the large number of crashes in the PS3 version. Bethesda has fixed that, and the patch is finalized. It’s now just a matter of waiting for Sony to actually post it.
Here are some of the other major bug fixes that are part of Skyrim 1.5:
* Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
* In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
* Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
* Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
* Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking
* Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
* Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
* Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly