For businesses depending on the internet for contacting customers, providing remote access for employees to corporate systems, and accessing business applications, internet connectivity is essential. Having simple internet connection in an organisation is insufficient. Availability, quality, and speed of internet are affecting the productivity of organisations. For businesses requiring a permanent and reliable internet connection, a prominent solution has been introduced called as dedicated internet access. This is suitable for the organisations using internet for accessing business communication and mission critical applications.
Inclination of Bandwidth-Intensive Applications to Internet Will Fuel Market Growth in the Near Future
Future Market Insights (FMI), in its report, has delivered a detailed analysis on the global dedicated internet access market. FMI states that the demand for higher bandwidth is increasing which in turn is fuelling the demand for dedicated internet access. Some prominent factors such as increasing shifts of bandwidth-intensive applications to internet which fuels high-speed services market spending, soaring trends of BYOD, and utilisation of voice over internet protocol (VoIP), internet training, web conferencing, and video conferencing applications, are expected to drive the growth of the global dedicated internet access market in the near future. In contrast, factors such as absence of technical skills & awareness on dedicated internet access, and high costs are expected to restrain the market growth in the upcoming years, according to FMI’s report.
Business Benefits of Dedicated Internet Access
Dedicated internet access provides guaranteed speed & reliability, enabling customisable speeds and bandwidth performance. For accessing an IP bandwidth higher than ever, businesses are increasingly focusing on the deployment of dedicated internet access solutions. These solutions are primarily used for linking offices to internet. Some business benefits of dedicated internet access are stated below
- As a connection is reserved for a particular business, the internet access is permitted to that business alone, eliminating connections from outside. This renders 100% performance for both upstream & downstream. This makes it easier and convenient for receiving and making phone calls, High-definition video conferencing, and downloading huge files.
- Bandwidth speed is completely customisable and scalable depending on the individual business requirements. The symmetrical connectivity provides consistent speed, enabling a larger productive workforce which is capable of utilising cost-effective cloud services. Having secure connections must be a priority for businesses, which a dedicated connection can provide. Dedicated internet connection makes it easier for deploying authentication protocols and security applications.
- Increased reliability is a major advantage offered by a dedicated internet connection. Businesses may experience disastrous effects, if not provided with an internet connection. Dedicated internet connection, which come with service level agreements, guarantees faster solutions for any of the major connectivity issues.
Future of the Internet Connection for Enterprises Depend on the Following Three Factors
- Owing to saturation across industries in terms of innovation, telecom/ internet providers are expected to lose their grip on being the game changers. However, content providers are foreseen to be the king.
- Data analytics/ machine learning/ IoT will hold keys for progress in telecom space.
- Although dedicated internet access is valuable in generating revenues for telecom companies, it will not take much time for it to become obsolete, if taken over by any of the disruptive technologies such as sim-based internet, cloud vpn, etc.
The information presented here is sourced from Future Market Insights latest report. A free sample of this report is available upon request.
Author: Abhishek Budholiya is a tech blogger, digital marketing pro, and has contributed to numerous tech magazines. Currently, as a technology and digital branding consultant with Future Market Insights, he offers his analysis on the tech market research landscape. His forte is analysing the commercial viability of a new breakthrough, a trait you can see in his writing. When he is not ruminating about the tech world, he can be found playing table tennis or hanging out with his friends.