Backing up data has never being a priority of many people due to the long and dull process involved. However, data loss is quite inevitable; it is a problem that can occur at any time.
One way of ensuring that you are not caught unaware is to have an emergency recovery software that can help you get your data back before they are gone forever.
At presents, there are hundreds of file recovery tools that can help you recover your files, even though there is no 100 percent guarantee that your deleted files will be recovered, these tools help to increase your chances. Here we take a look at the top 5 tool to recover deleted files on Windows XP/7/8/10.
Developed by CleverFiles, Disk Drill is an excellent hard drive recovery software for Windows which has been customized to scan both internal and external storage devices from your local disk drive to portable USB drives.
Some of the unique features of Disk Drill include:
- It is user-friendly and perfect for a first time user. Downloading, working and installing Disk Drill is very easy due to the GUI tools that create room for a quick recovery process.
- It produces the best recovery result: Disk Drill is unmatched in its capacity to recover deleted documents and images making it one of the top data recovery software ever.
- Data Protection: Disk Drill has an extra layer that is used to store a backup reference for deleted files.
- Support: In addition, Disk Drill provides extensive technical support for its users through their website.
Disk Drill is available in Free and Pro version. The Free version allows a user to recover 500MB of data for free and also preview files that are recoverable while the PRO version provides full functionality and allows a user to recover files from various media without restriction.
This is excellent and open-source software for both experts and beginners. TestDisk can be used to fix the non-booting disk, gain access to the lost partition, recover boot sector from a backup, copy deleted files from partition to the recovery media, fix MFT and locate the ext2. One unique feature of TestDisk is that it provides a reliable way of accessing deleted files from FAT file systems, NTFS, ext, and exFAT. It also has additional functionality and works with all types of file systems.
Pandora is an excellent and free recovery tool with great features that are suitable for beginners. It has a simple customization option that makes it feels as if the interface is guiding you through the recovery process.
Pandora also features deep scanning capabilities and supports various Windows OS releases. Once installed, it can recover files on three different ways. First, it presents a list of files which the applications can recover successfully. Secondly, it searches for a record using various criteria’s such as dates and file size and thirdly, it has a surface scan tool which does a deep search for recoverable data on a device. Pandora Recovery is also the best choice for users who are in need of simple recovery software with high quality.
This is a powerful recovery tool that has a feel of a typical Office application and works with a fast algorithm. Some of its amazing features are:
- It works with multiple devices: hard drives, memory cards, USB cards and others.
- It has a Hex Viewer and an option of previewing files before recovering them.
- It is more efficient in recovering data when compared to similar free software.
- On the downside, the recovery process can be quite complicated to understand.
Recuva is user-friendly software that recover deleted data not only from hard drives but also from SD Cards, USB flash drives. With Recuva, you can carry out a long deep scan to track all recoverable data and also limit the search to pictures, music, documents or video files if you need something specific. There is also a secure deletion option which deletes files you no longer need and make them unrecoverable.
Finally, having an emergency data recovery tool is very important for anyone who wants to recover his or her data when they encounter data loss. Although there are so many tools at present which make promises that can only be found on papers. The top five tools listed above can help you get back your files within seconds.