Chakra symbolizes energy that is spread throughout the body. According to the theory of chakra, there are seven sources of energy called chakras that are aligned spinally in the body. They represent physical, mental and spiritual energy that you can harness if you learn how to balance your chakras. Combined, this energy is name Prana and proper harnessing of this vital energy keeps us healthy and happy.
These chakras are said to distribute energy throughout our body through channels which get blocked with increased stress. The blockage of these channels results in us being unhealthy and unhappy, hence we need to keep them open. The seven main types of chakra in our body are the following:
- Root Chakra – Opening this chakra makes you brave, safe and stable
- Sacral Chakra – This chakra represents your creative ability and sexual confidence
- Solar Plexus Chakra – This chakra controls emotions such as joy and anger and harnessing its power makes you ambitious and sensitive
- Heart Chakra – Representing harmony and feelings of love, this chakra is said to connect the first three chakras with the last three
- Throat Chakra – This chakra is said to control our sense of communication and verbal expressiveness and it’s power is giving you creative inspiration and a sense of purification
- Third Eye Chakra – This is the chakra that is concerned with knowledge and the questioning nature and harnessing its power grants you foresight and makes you open-minded.
- Crown Chakra – Unblocking this chakra’s network gives you a deeper understanding of the world and makes you accepting of the world around you. Using this chakra, you are said to connect with God.
The first three chakras are said to be the chakras of matter as they are associated with worldly feelings and our materialistic nature whereas the last three are said to be the chakras of spirit since they give you a deeper understanding of the world. The fourth chakra, which is the chakra of the heart, is known to connect out materialistic and spiritual nature.
How to Balance the Chakras:
You can balance your chakras by physical exercise or meditative practices, as a whole or as individual systems:
- Root Chakra – Do exercises involving the legs and feet or eat red foods.
- Sacral Chakra – Watch romantic shows and movies, go on a romantic date or consume orange foods and drinks.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Eat yellow foods or build self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra – Do what you’re passionate about, open up to friends and consume green foods and drinks.
- Throat Chakra – Sing, learn to argue coherently and learn to be verbally kind to others
- Third Eye Chakra – Try to guess vibes you get from other people, try to be intuitive and appreciate yourself when you are correct
- Crown Chakra – Eat purple or violet foods, meditate and spend some time for yourself at least once a day.
Healing the chakra system as a whole can be done through practices like breathing control and Reiki.