An XDA Dev member known as “t4tav” has reportedly coded a sweet PS3 jailbreak that can be executed via a rooted Nexus One or HTC Desire.
However, as Greg of PS3-Hacks notes, a universal Android PS3 jailbreak hack could very well be made available in the near future.
“You should also know that the flashable zips – PS3-signed.zip & PS3-No-More-signed.zip – are packaged in such a manner where an unlocked bootloader is not necessary. [Nevertheless], you still need root,” he explained.
“[Anyway], I just cracked open a virgin PS3, updated it to 3.41, and ripped [my own] game…It [was] small and quick to rip and it loads/plays no problem. Again, mad respect to everyone involved with this righteous PS3 hack.”
Well, then read on and remember, jailbreaking will void the warranty of both devices – so proceed at your own risk.
Android PS3 jailbreak instructions (via Android Police):
- Download this file (http://www.mediafire.com/?cgst1aw26i26b60)
- and place its contents onto the root of your SD-card.
- Then download my flashable boot.img (http://cl.ly/83b21dd1818a791d857e).
- Place the image file on the root of your card, reboot into recovery and flash the PS3-signed.zip
- Reboot your phone.
- Launch terminal emulator and type the following…
- #cd sdcard
- #insmod psfreedom.ko
- Now turn your PS3 off at the wall, and plug in your phone.
- Turn the PS3 back on at the wall.
- Press the PS3 power button followed by the eject key in quick succession…
Now, to undo the jailbreak (via Android Police):
- Download this file (http://cl.ly/428e11e2b0c81369761e).
- Go into recovery.
- Enable USB-storage.
- Copy .zip
- Flash .zip