Having a crystal clear swimming pool can be a blessing due to the fact that its maintenance is highly challenging. Pool owners can tell you that keeping it clean can require a lot of effort, time and money as well. Nevertheless, there are many specially designed machines to bring back that sparkling look to the pool.
There are different pool vacuum cleaners coming in a variety of sizes, shapes and for distinctive kinds of pools. Selecting the right one is essential for effective and quick cleaning. Here are some things to consider to select the best pool vacuum:
Manufacturers have made up a number of gadgets to help pool owners to resist the dirt. There are pool filtration systems that filters much of the debris that fall into the water but once the residue settle on the pool surfaces, a more active removal is required.
There are two large categories of pool vacuum cleaners—manual and automatic.
Manual cleaners: These pool vacuum cleaners are less expensive than the automatic ones. It has a hose connected to the intake pipe to the pool filter. Since the cleaner doesn’t have any mechanical parts, it is a cost effective way. But it is not time-efficient. If the pool is pretty big, the operator may require hours to clean it completely.
Automatic cleaners: Automatic pool cleaners can further be divided into three classifications.
- Suction-side pool cleaners are considered as the most economical option by pool owners. They are not only good at removing the debris but also scrub the pool floors and walls to loosen stubborn particles for a better cleanup. However, suction-side pool cleaners require more electricity.
- Pressure-side pool cleaners utilizes the pressure produced by pool pump to propel itself around the pool eliminating the dirt. Since these cleaners are mounted on wheels for easy movement, they do not scrub the surface as effectively as contact cleaners.
- Robotic pool cleaners are the most effective of all automatic types because they can pick up the tiniest particles as well. However, these units are the most expensive as well.
Other key considerations
There are some key considerations that must be taken into account before buying a pool vacuum cleaner.
- Price is of course a very important thing to consider. Your budget will determine the type of vacuum being purchased. There are hundreds of models out there that looking for one that satisfies all your needs is very difficult. However, look for the models that are within the range to ease the purchasing process.
- Machines are not immortal. Even they will break and malfunction at one point in time. This is why consider the warranty of vacuum and ensure it covers the labor and parts.
- Past customer reviews can provide you insights into the customer experience. You will find hundreds of customer reviews on the Internet. Go over them thoroughly to determine which cleaner is the best choice for you. If a product has a lot of negative reviews, then consider another option.