Immigration is not a new term; you must have come across this term from a family or friend immigrating to another country or the news of changes in immigration norms of different countries.
To understand the complexities of immigration, you must first understand why the need to immigrate arrived at first.
People from centuries have traveled from one part of the world to another. Some went for trade and others for work. While they moved, they settled wherever they found food, shelter and work to earn. This trend has continued since then. Till date, people go to work, business, education, and settlement in different countries.
Those who find much more favorable living conditions and standards in some other country they try to immigrate and settle there. Today Canada, Australia, UK, Singapore, and UAE are seeing the highest number of immigrants each year.
With recent changes in immigration norms if the USA, there was a lot of concern from people living there and who wished to immigrate there.
So here is a list of five things that you must know about immigration before you apply for it:
- Each country has different immigration laws and rules for immigrants. You must acquit yourself with every aspect of immigration before you even file for it.
- Most of the countries receive millions of application each year, and only a handful get the immigration. Your chances of getting through the migration depend on a lot of factors.
- Prior assessment of your profile and eligibility is must before you try to apply for it. Each country has different assessment norms, and you must check your qualifications as per these rules. Most of the countries award marks for each marker, like qualification, experience, age, sponsors, etc.
- Professionally qualified persons like doctors, dietician, Chartered Accountants etc. have different requirements; they have to get a registered license for practice before they get immigration.
- Even when you get lucky with the migration you have to present evidence to show you can support your living in that country. You have to get a job as soon as possible, and if you didn’t find a job to support yourself within six months or so, your immigration would stand canceled, and you will be sent back.
Now, these facts that I just disclosed, you will not find them anywhere, but they are applicable and they do keep changing as well.
So you must gather as much information as possible before trying to immigrate.
Each country has private immigration agencies for every country, so you can reach out to the Singapore immigration agency in your city or state to know more about immigration to Singapore. But the best thing will be to contact if you are trying to immigrate to Singapore. You can also search the Internet or look in the yellow pages to find the nearest office of immigration solutions in your area.
The immigration agencies have sufficient experience and information about the immigration process and updated information on recent changes in rules and norms. So it becomes easy with their expert help, and the chances of getting successful immigration are higher when applying through such agencies.