CES 2010 Samsung’s NX10 DSLR has hit the shelves.
Company CEO SJ Park said that the NX10, which features fast auto focus, 14.6 MP APS-C size CMOS sensor and a large 3.0″ AMOLED screen, heralded the “next generation” of digital cameras.
“With specialist equipment open to everyone and no longer restricted solely to the professional, more and more people want to capture something creative and tell a story through their camera – but they also want something compact that they can carry around with them all day,” said Park.
“The NX10 has the heart of a DSLR embedded inside the compact frame of a digital camera, successfully integrating the APS-C size CMOS sensor with a mirrorless interchangeable lens, for a sleek, lightweight camera that users can easily take with them everywhere they go.”
Indeed, the NX10 offers users in-depth manual control along with a “Smart” function that automatically sets optimal shooting modes for specific environments.
In addition, the NX10’s Smart Range function allows photographers to vividly express both bright areas and dark areas in the same frame, while a unique dust reduction system keeps dust particles clear of the image sensor.
The Samsung NX10 will be available for sale in Spring of 2010.
Additional specs include:
- Colors – black and titan silver.
- Image Sensor – 14.6M APS-C CMOS.
- Mount – Samsung NX.
- Display – 3.0″ AM OLED (VGA).
- View Finder – electronic.
- Movie – 720p HD (MP4. H.264).
- Size & Weight – 4.8″ x 3.4″ x 1.6,” .78 lbs (without battery and card).
- ISO – 100-3200.
- Flash – built-in pop-up Flash.
- OIS – lens shift.
- Dust reduction – supersonic type.
- Other features – APS-C sized image sensor, HDMI (Anynet +), fast & decisive contrast AF, new DRIMe II Pro engine and advanced AF algorithm.