Close

Verizon flubs FiOS installation almost burns down AP reporter’s house

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Verizon flubs FiOS installation almost burns down AP reporter’s house

New York (NY) – Verizon techs incorrectly installed an optical terminal at a customer’s house causing the electrical box to catch fire, but the customer wasn’t just an Average Joe.  John Wilen is a reporter for the Associated Press and now says his FiOS optical network delivers television channels and high-speed Internet flawlessly.

Wilen says the installer accidently shorted a wire inside the electrical box, knocking out power to the house and leaving a lot of smoke.

Read more … AP via Google .