In a breakthrough that ATI’s claims will deliver true gaming performance to value PC and notebook users, ATI today unveiled a powerful new family of IGPs (integrated graphics processors), RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP. The chipsets leverage ATI’s desktop and mobile technology to deliver better visual effects and up to six times the graphics performance of competing solutions.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP deliver graphics performance to value and mainstream PC and notebook PC users. For entry-level users, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP will for the first time enable them to see the spectacular visual effects implemented in the latest games, thanks to the inclusion of advanced programmable pixel shading technology, a first in the integrated chipset market.
Competitively priced, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP are targeted at OEMs and system integrators designing PCs and notebooks for the mass market. Built for use with Intel’s Pentium 4, Celeron, Pentium 4 Processor-M, and Pentium M Processor platforms, RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP also provide the hardware support to enable entry-level MCE (Media Center Edition) PCs, and deliver advanced DVD playback features, unique power management capabilities, support for up to three independent displays, and multimedia performance that will raise the bar for both consumer and corporate PC and notebook users.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON IGP support a variety of the latest features including:
- AGP 8X support
- Dual-channel 128-bit memory support
- Flexible graphics frame buffer capability for up to 128MB
- Up to 400 MHz DDR SDRAM support
- Advanced DVD playback features including iDCT and motion compensation
- HYDRAVISION multiple monitor support
- 10-bit DAC (digital to analog converter) TV-out
- 16X AF (anisotropic filtering)
- 4X FSAA (full scene anti-aliasing)
- SURROUNDVIEW, a unique feature that expands the internal graphics core of RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP to support up to three independent monitors when using a desktop add-in card, without disabling their internal graphics functionality
- FULLSTREAM, a feature that uses advanced programmable pixel shading technology to reduce blocky artifacts from streaming video
- POWERPLAY, ATI’s award-winning power management suite that allows MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP users to manage their notebook’s battery life more efficiently
- ATI’s unique FLEXFIT architecture, which allows OEMs to lower production; costs by leveraging RADEON IGP’s broad-based pin and driver compatibility across multiple product SKUs.
RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP have been designed to operate alongside ATI’s IXP family of ‘southbridge’ processors, using ATI’s proprietary high-speed A-Link technology. IXP processors offer 3-COM 10/100 Ethernet, remote wake on LAN (local area network), 5.1 channel audio, and a host of other features including Soft Mixed Signal Corporation’s USB 2.0 PHY (physical layer) technology.
ATI’s RADEON IGP launch partners include Asus, Compal, C.P. Technology, FIC, Gigabyte, Lite-On, MSI, PC Partner, Quanta, Shuttle, and Sapphire. The RADEON 9100 IGP and MOBILITY RADEON 9100 IGP will begin shipping this summer.